Take care of your body, its the only place you have to live ~ John Rohn
Welcome to The First Himalayan Salt Room in Red Deer
What is a salt room?
A Himalayan salt room is filled with true Himalayan salt. Our room is floor to ceiling salt bricks and a floor filled with loose salt. Check out a video of our cave here (coming soon)
What do you do in a salt room?
Well we have a few things you can do
You can book a 30min session for just you.
Come in sit in an anti gravity chair you can relax with just you in the room or book a session with music. You can also lay on the salt floor on a mat that is provided for you, you can dig your feet into the salt floor and relax. We can play music or leave you to enjoy the quiet of the room
We will have Bluetooth sound blocking headphones if you wish to tune out all noises and immerse yourself in a deep relaxing of music. We will have a selection to play from our youtube channel, there you have options for certain healing music or just relaxing sounds. Have a favorite youtube meditation? we can set that up for you.
There will also be scheduled meditations and sound baths in the salt room, so make sure to check out our events page here (booking site not available yet)
What are the benefits of a salt room?
Himalayan Salt has so many amazing benefits for the human body.
Dry salt air is more powerful than moist air. The negatively charged ions in salt improve our health and mood. Inhaling particles may reduce inflammation and mucus in the lungs, improving respiratory conditions such as asthma, allergies, bronchitis, sinus congestion and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
Salt rooms/caves are becoming more and more popular as the realization of many benefits to this unique structure. Our cave is wall to ceiling Himalayan salt blocks stacked in a cedar lattice. The floor is filled 3" thick with course and fine Himalayan pink salt, creating air particles as well as the benefits of reflexology while walking on the loose salt. Since Salt is antibacterial the room maintains the cleanliness but we do have some stipulations for each person before entry.
How you can use the room:
1. You can book a private session to come in and enjoy a peaceful time sitting in the cave with music if you wish or just enjoy the a little "me" time or you can a friend can share. 2. Would you like a Reiki Session in the Cave? Book with us directly for this option, you can use the booking form found here. 3. We will be offering meditations, weekly sound sessions, and various workshops in the cave. See our event page here for details
**we will not be renting this room out to anyone outside The Soul Center Group. Private group sessions can be booked with one of our facilitators. Contact us if you wish to book a private event.
Rules for using our salt room
1. First and formost, cleanliness is important. If you have time to clean up before coming to you appointment this would be preferred. Though salt is antibacterial its not a miracle worker.
2. we have a sink for washing your hands prior to using the cave and after
3. if you have any contagious viruses we ask you do not use the cave until verified you are no longer at risk for spreading illness. If we suspect you are ill you may be denied entry and asked to rebook your session.
4. if you have any contagious skin infections that you refrain using the cave until safe to do so, if you have a doctors note stating that you are non contagious please provide this
5. respecting the structure of the cave by not touching or removing any blocks
6. no throwing or tossing loose salt at any time
7. no shouting, running, or horseplay in the cave
8. any damages created by any of the above you will be liable to pay for replacement or repairs.
9. do not lick, taste or eat any of the salt - yes it is salt and it will taste like salt. If you want to taste it please as at the counter we can give you some to eat
10. you must remain clothed at all times (I don't believe this will be an issue.. but it needs to be said.. because there will be that ONE person...)
11. no "adult" activities in the cave at anytime (as above)
12. do not remove any salt from the salt room, the room will be checked prior to entry and after. If any blocks are missing you will be charge a retail value of $19.99 + GST per block.
13. Sessions require payment before entry, this is non refundable
14. an staff member will escort you to the room and come and retrieve you upon your time. We will set a timer for you and will knock on the door and stop the music when you time is up. We ask you exit in a timely fashion to respect others that are booked after you.
15. headphones will be given to you at the time of payment MUST be returned when you are done, failure to do so and the headphones are discovered missing you will be charged $40.00 to replace them