Take care of your body, its the only place you have to live ~ John Rohn
The Salt Room is open to all ages kids under 10 are only $4 when accompanied by and Adult
Prices for one time visit 30 Min - $15/ per person 60 Min - $30/per Person
Want to buy minutes? We are now offering minute packages This is a great option for anyone looking to use the salt room frequently 300min for $90* or 150 for $45* This works out to .30Cents a min
*minutes are not transferable, min are calculated per person use Minutes expire 3 months after the last day used **prices subject to change
What is a salt room?
A Himalayan salt room is filled with true and unprocessed Pink Himalayan salt. Our room is floor to ceiling salt bricks and a floor filled with loose salt.
We do not use any scents or oils in our room, so we do ask that you not wear heavy perfume when coming to use our room
Though our room does not contain a halo generator which is considered for halotherapy you still receive the benefits of the salt that is in the air.
Salt halotherapy can be used to treat the following:
Cold and flu
What do you do in a salt room?
Well we have a few things you can do
Come in sit on a cushion or the salt floor you can relax with just you in the room or bring friends. Sitting on the salt floor is the best part, getting to immerse yourself into the grounding and healing energy of Pink Himalayan Salt. We will have music on for you or you can just enjoy the silence, its totally up to you. There are cushions and blankets as well as books, cards and crystals you can use.
No you do not wear a swim suit, just regular street clothes is sufficient.
What are the benefits of a salt room?
Himalayan Salt has so many amazing benefits for the human body.
"The therapeutic usage of salt caves began at the Wieliczka Salt Mine in Poland in 1843 and has been successfully used for over 175 years. Today, it is known as Halotherapy: the inhalation of micro-sized salt particles; and Speleotherapy: the exposure to a subterranean atmosphere. Halotherapy assists in breaking down mucus build-up and congestion, reduces inflammation, cleanses airways, and disinfects bacteria in the sinuses and lungs. Spleotherapy further promotes healing by isolating guests from external stimuli."https://healingsaltcaves.com/treatment/healing-salt-cave/
Dry salt air is more powerful than moist air. The negatively charged ions in salt improve our health and mood. Inhaling particles may reduce inflammation and mucus in the lungs, improving respiratory conditions such as asthma, allergies, bronchitis, sinus congestion and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
Salt rooms/caves are becoming more and more popular as the realization of many benefits to this unique structure. Our cave is wall to ceiling Himalayan salt blocks stacked in a cedar lattice. The floor is filled 3" thick with course and fine Himalayan pink salt, creating air particles as well as the benefits of reflexology while walking on the loose salt. Since Salt is antibacterial the room maintains the cleanliness but we do have some stipulations for each person before entry.
On the metaphysical side of salt, the negative ions help clear the postive ions we carry day to day. Postive ions contribute to anxiety, restlessness, anger, frustration, and more, so reducing and clearing this energy helps to bring a more relaxed state of mind.
"The calming and detoxifying effects of halotherapy can support the immune, nervous and lymphatic systems. Additional benefits are reduced stress and headaches, increased energy, and better sleep patterns. Salt ions purify the air and may increase lung capacity and reduce physical ailments for adults, children and athletes. Treatments are recommended to help keep the body healthy during flu or allergy seasons. Skin conditions can also be improved with halotherapy (psoriasis, rashes, eczema, acne). Table salt, sodium chloride, is dehydrating, but pure mineral salts have natural moisturizing properties and support the skin’s water balance and barrier function by attracting moisture to the skin. Minerals are necessary for cell function and detoxification, so mineral salts have strong rejuvenating properties." https://www.organicspamagazine.com/2015/08/28/benefits-of-salt-therapy/
We do not use any oils or scents in our room, also if you are unsure about medical situations like pregnancy or surgery please consult a doctor we cannot advise the safety of use.
Rules for using our salt room
1. First and formost, cleanliness is important. If you have time to clean up before coming to you appointment this would be preferred. Though salt is antibacterial its not a miracle worker.
2. if you have any contagious viruses we ask you do not use the cave until verified you are no longer at risk for spreading illness. If we suspect you are ill you may be denied entry and asked to rebook your session.
3. if you have any contagious skin infections that you refrain using the cave until safe to do so, if you have a doctors note stating that you are non contagious please provide this
4. respecting the structure of the room by not trying to remove any blocks
5. no throwing or tossing loose salt at any time (though you can sit and make snow angels... well more like salt angels )
6. no shouting, running, or horseplay in the room. This is a room for quiet and relaxation, if you wish to there is a play ground over by the arena you can use.
7. any damages created by any of the above you will be liable to pay for replacement or repairs.
8. do not lick, taste or eat any of the salt - yes it is salt and it will taste like salt. If you want to taste it please as at the counter we can give you some to eat
9. you must remain clothed at all times (I don't believe this will be an issue.. but it needs to be said.. because there will be that ONE person...) just street clothes is appropriate not swim wear (this is salt not sand )
10. no "adult" activities in the room at anytime (as above)
11. do not remove any salt from the salt room, the room will be checked prior to entry and after. If any blocks are missing you will be charge a retail value of $19.99 + GST per block.
12. an staff member will escort you to the room and come and retrieve you upon your time. We will set a timer for you and will knock on the door and stop the music when you time is up. We ask you exit in a timely fashion to respect others that are booked after you.
If you break any of the above rules or we suspect you have, you will be or maybe billed for damages or clean up at $25/hr. You will also be banned from any future use of the salt room